AUT student wins global film awards
2006 Business School graduate and New Zealand Chinese Film Director Willie Ying has won 10 global awards for a film he produced and directed, The Final Blade.
Willie has worked on more than 22 shows in the last 14 years, from Hollywood movies, to major productions in China.
The Final Blade has seen Willie win various awards:
- 51st Houston International Film Festival, "Remi Special Jury Award"
- 22nd Kansas City International Film Festival, "World Cinema Best Narrative Feature"
- 7th The People's Film Festival, "Best Cinematography" and "Best Action Film"
- 5th Depth of Field International Film Festival, "Best of Show"
- 5th International Independent Film Awards, "Diamond Award- Best Concept"
- 4th LA Cinefest International Film Festival, "Semi Finalist"
- 4th Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival, "Best Foreign Film"
- 3rd LA Film Awards, "Best Director", "Best Narrative Feature"
- 2nd London Independent Film Awards, "Best Feature"
- 3rd Brazilian International Film Festival, nominated for "Best Feature"